Boat tour to the medieval Monastery Kom
What will we see on the boat tour to the Monastery Kom?
Embark on a journey like no other as you depart from the picturesque pier in Virpazar. Traverse through a narrow river channel flanked by a lush array of reeds and willows, immersing yourself in the serenity of the natural surroundings.
As you enter the vast expanse of Lake Skadar, a stunning panorama unfolds before your eyes. Behold the magnificent faded mountains in Albania, the magnificent Vranjina Island proudly standing tall amidst the largest lake in southern Europe.
As you sail past the majestic fortress of Lesendro, built in the 18th century, a seemingly endless field of water chestnuts unfolds, inviting you to discover the secrets hidden within.
Get lost in the pristine beauty of the natural landscape and marvel at the diverse array of bird species that call this haven their home. As you cruise near the river of Morača, a designated International Birding Area, prepare to be astounded by the beauty that nature has to offer.
Take in the stunning vistas of the carpets of water lilies that adorn the lake, encircling the three enchanting islands that dot the landscape.
Make a stop at the medieval monastery Kom, perched on a hilltop, where you can enjoy breathtaking views of the marshlands of Lake Skadar.
Indulge in a refreshing swim in the crystal-clear waters of the lake, surrounded by the awe-inspiring scenery that will leave an indelible mark on your heart. The boat will drop anchor at a serene location, allowing you to bask in the beauty of the open waters at your leisure.
Duration:3 hours – 3 hours 30 minutes
Availability: April – October
Price: 15 EUR per person (free for children up to 1 year and 50% discount for children from 1-12 years)
The tour includes:
- Sightseeing boat trip from Virpazar to monastery Kom, with a 30-minute visit the monastery.
- Local wine and traditional Montenegrin breakfast – doughnuts with honey to try;
Before You Leave: Crucial Things to Keep in Mind
- Please note that, during the tour, we do not provide lunch or meals. Feel free to bring your own food or have a meal in Virpazar. Keep in mind that you won’t have the possibility to buy food during your tour.
- Please note that the National park fee is not included in the price, and it is mandatory to pay it upon arrival. It costs 4 EUR per person (free for children under 7).
- Please keep in mind that, during the summer, Montenegro has constant traffic jams, so be sure to plan your journey to Virpazar ahead. By arriving earlier, you avoid headaches over finding a parking spot for your car.