Discover the Enchanting Beauty of Lake Skadar and Rijeka Crnojevića: A Journey Through Montenegro’s Hidden Gems
Duration: 6 hours
Private Boat Tour
The journey begins in Virpazar, a townlet nestled in the heart of Lake Skadar. As you depart from the pier of this quaint town, you’ll glide along a narrow river channel lined with graceful willows and reeds. As you emerge from the channel, the stunning expanse of Lake Skadar will unfold before you – its deep blue waters stretching out towards the distant, misty mountains of Albania, and the proud island of Vranjina standing sentinel against the largest lake in southern Europe.
If you veer left, under the Tanki Rt bridge and through the meadow of water chestnuts, you’ll come upon the 18th-century fortress of Lesendro. This beautiful structure still holds the secrets of the Bishop’s eternal sorrow, and as you approach, a chorus of birds will take flight in defiance, reminding you that this is their realm. The three nearby islets and the breathtaking view behind them will leave you in awe, and a vast carpet of water lilies with their dark green leaves floating on the water’s surface will take your breath away.
- You can combine our tours according to your wishes and needs.
- The tours are considered private if there are a maximum of 10 people on board. For more than ten people, contact us by email for more details and prices.
- You can also decide how long you want to stay on the lake, which boat you want to go with, etc.
- Don't hesitate to contact us if you need any additions. We'll do everything to fulfil your wishes.
The tour include:
- Sightseeing boat tour
- Trying local wine
Know before you go:
- Please note that we don't provide lunch or meals during the tour. You're welcome to bring your own food or eat out before/after the tour. However, if you'd like us to organise your meal for you, please contact us by e-mail at least a few days before the tour.
- Please note that the National park fee is not included in the price. It is mandatory to pay it upon arrival. It costs 4 EUR per person (free for children under 7).
- Please arrive at the meeting point 30 minutes before the activity starts, to check-in.
- Keep in mind that, during the summer, Montenegro has constant traffic jams, so be sure to plan your journey to Virpazar ahead. By arriving earlier, you avoid headaches over finding a parking spot for your car.