Uncover the Charm of Montenegro’s Tiny Fishing Village: Karuč
Duration: 4 hours
Embark on an exciting private boat tour from Virpazar and traverse through a narrow river surrounded by reeds and willows to reach the open waters of Lake Skadar. Feast your eyes on the vastness of the lake and catch a glimpse of the distant Albanian mountains as you cruise along. Glide under a nearby bridge to discover the 18th-century fortress of Lesendro and sail through the kasaronje fields of water chestnuts, bordered by reeds and water lily meadows that will leave you spellbound.
As you make your way along the stunning Montenegrin coast, you will arrive at the charming village of Karuč, which is teeming with rich history and natural wonders. Karuč was once the hub of fishermen who would venture out to the Karuč Eye, a place that was famous for its abundance of bleak. Explore the ruins of the houses that were once used to store fishing equipment and nets, and uncover the winter home built by Petar I Petrović Njegoš.
- You can combine our tours according to your wishes and needs.
- The tours are considered private if there are a maximum of 10 people on board. For more than ten people, contact us by email for more details and prices.
- You can also decide how long you want to stay on the lake, which boat you want to go with, etc.
- Don't hesitate to contact us if you need any additions. We'll do everything to fulfil your wishes.
The tour include:
- Sightseeing boat tour
- Trying local wine
Know before you go:
- Please note that we don't provide lunch or meals during the tour. You're welcome to bring your own food or eat out before/after the tour. However, if you'd like us to organise your meal for you, please contact us by e-mail at least a few days before the tour.
- Please note that the National park fee is not included in the price. It is mandatory to pay it upon arrival. It costs 4 EUR per person (free for children under 7).
- Please arrive at the meeting point 30 minutes before the activity starts, to check-in.
- Keep in mind that, during the summer, Montenegro has constant traffic jams, so be sure to plan your journey to Virpazar ahead. By arriving earlier, you avoid headaches over finding a parking spot for your car.